Saturday, October 10, 2009

from a friend...

TODAY
This is a day that the Lord has made
This is a day that my sins have been paid
So my flesh, it will fade
Cause the wrath has been laid
On His back, for His glory
So I share my life story
Knowing all He did for me
That His death, it absorbed all the sin that's before me
All the pain, all the guilt
All the pride and all the shame
Has been nailed to the cross
That's the reason why he came.
So that all would bow
And we would not know how
To have any response
Except praising His name.
and Declaring his fame
ALOUD! So I shout!
Take me out of this crowd
I can't stand to be proud
Of myself anymore for
My life is not found in the things I adore

So with the rocks I cry out
I will stand and I'll shout
I cant help but imagine what life is without My Jesus
Without Him my life would be torn into pieces

so Today I rejoice
May it not just be noise
But a voice that is heard
So that others may learn
So that others may yearn
For the gift that He gave when He died for our sin

No matter where you have been
All the hurt that's within
Can be taken away
And new life can begin

With the gift of today
On my knees I will say
I'm in need of a Savior
And there's no other way
To come to the father except through the son
To trust what is done
To no longer run
Cause that battle has been fought
And you've already won
Death holds me longer
That price has been paid
So I rejoice in this day that the Lord has made.

No comments: